2nd place Philly Union heads to 8th placed Atlanta for Sunday’s match. It should be an interesting match with Atalanta performing better at home and Philly performing better on the road.
Atlanta United Stats
Average Goals Scored – 1.29
Average Goals Conceded – 1.0
Average Match Goals – 1.15
Average Corners For – 4.1
Average Corners Against – 4.4
Average Match Corners – 8.6
Average Cards For – 2.14
Average Home Cards – 1.67
- Atlanta United have 71% of their matches so far with BTTS yes, this is the 6th highest in the league.
- In all competitions, they have had both teams scoring in 5 of the last 6 matches.
- They also have 71% of games going over 1.5 match goals.
- In their last match, they drew 2-2 with Nashville after throwing away a 2 goal lead on 80 minutes. Mukhtar got both goals for Nashville on 80 & 83 minutes.
- Moreno is the current top scorer with 3 goals. Mulraney has the most assists with 2.
- Martinez and Franco are ruled out of this match with injury. Damm, Chol & Adams are doubtful with injury but may feature in the squad.
Philadelphia Union Stats
Average Goals Scored – 1.13
Average Goals Conceded – 0.65
Average Match Goals – 0.89
Average Corners For – 5.1
Average Corners Against – 5.6
Average Match Corners – 10.8
Average Cards For – 2.13
Average Away Cards – 3.0
- The Union have had just 25% of their MLS matches with both teams scoring. This is the lowest of any team in the league.
- 62% of their matches have gone over 1.5 goals and just 25% have gone over 2.5 goals – This is the lowest in the league for 2.5 goals also.
- Philadelphia has won their last 3 matches in a row and has not lost in their last 6 now. Their last defeat was to New York City, Philly was down to 10 men after 16 minutes in that match.
- Przybylko is the top scorer for the team with 3 goals, he also has 2 assists. Monterio has the most assists with 3.
- Ranjitsingh is ruled out of the match with his knee injury that is expected to keep him out until mid-July. De Vries and Iisinho could return to the squad for this match.
Atlanta United v Philadelphia Union Prediction
- AU 0-0 PU half-time score.
- AU 1-1 PU full-time score.
- 4 bookings in the match, 3 for PU, 1 for AU.
- 9 match corners
- Corners AU 4 -5 PU
Our writer’s preview
This looks like a feisty match with Philly averaging 3 cards away from home, the highest in the league. Goals wise it should be a tight match.
I’m predicting a scoreline bracket of 1-0, 0-1, 1-1 or 1-2.
Today’s preview sees 2nd bottom Chicago take on 7th placed Montreal. Chicago has been one of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference so far
Toronto is on the road again, heading to play Columbus Crew on the back of a defeat to Orlando. These 2 teams met earlier in
Today’s match sees 2nd placed Orlando City take on 12th placed Toronto in the Eastern Conference. With 5 games played each the stats and trends