Today’s preview sees 2nd bottom Chicago take on 7th placed Montreal. Chicago has been one of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference so far with just 1 win from 6 matches.
Montreal has seen goal scorers across the team and will pose a threat to Chicago from the kickoff.
Chicago could do with getting some more shots on target with Beric particularly wasteful with 19 shots on goal in 6 matches, 7 on target and no goals. To move away from the bottom of the table they will need to improve on that.
Average Goals Scored – 0.75
Average Goals Conceded – 1.66
Average Match Goals – 2.66
Average Corners For – 5.7
Average Corners Against – 5.2
Average Match Corners – 10.8
Average Cards For – 2.17
Average Home Cards – 2.33
- Only 33% of Chicago games have BTTS yes, one of the lowest in the league.
- In the overs market, Chigao is below the league average with 75% of games over 1.5 goals, 33% over 2.5 goals. They are yet to record a win with BTTS in 7 games. If they concede they don’t win.
- Half of their matches have over 0.5 first-half goals. Just 1 game so far (17%) has had over 1.5 first-half goals.
- Stojanovic is the top goalscorer with 3 goals, no player has made more than 1 assist.
- Sekulic has picked up the most yellow cards – 3 in 6 matches after making 16 tackles.
- Chicago are without Aliseda, Slonina, Ivanov & Kronholm who are all out injured.
Average Goals Scored – 1.28
Average Goals Conceded – 1.28
Average Match Goals – 2.57
Average Corners For – 3.7
Average Corners Against – 3.1
Average Match Corners – 6.9
Average Cards For – 2.0
Average Away Cards – 2.25
- Just 43% of Montreal Impact games have gone over 1.5 goals, combined with the Chicago stats this points to a low scoring match. Interestingly 43% of matches have also gone over 2.5 goals as well. No matches have ended with exactly 2 goals.
- 43% of Montreal Impact’s games have gone BTTS yes, again below the MLS average of 52% so far this season.
- Only 1 of the Montreal Impacts games have had BTTS yes. This was a 4-2 win over Toronto in the opening match of the MLS season.
- Montreal has won just one of the last 6 matches, a 2-0 away win over David Beckhams Inter Miami 3 matches ago.
- Montreal has no injuries or suspensions for this match.
Chicago v Montreal MLS Prediction
- 0-1 half-time score
- 1-2 full-time score.
- 4 bookings in the match, 2 for each team.
- 5 match corners
- 6 v 3 Corner match result
Our writer’s preview
This is a tough match to call with both teams in poor form. The stats point to a lack of goals as well as a lack of corners. The main interesting stat is the chance for 4 cards in what could be a feisty encounter!
- Over 1.5 goals
- 1-1 correct score
- Beric to score for Chicago (If starts)
- Voyageurs Cup History July 4, 2021
- How St Louis Got Their MLS franchise – The History and Process of Their Application July 2, 2021
- The Top 6 U.S. Women Soccer Players of the 200-Cap Club June 30, 2021
- How long is it since Manchester United won a major trophy? June 23, 2021
- Atlanta United v Philadelphia Union MLS Stats & Predictions: Will both teams score in Atlanta? June 18, 2021
- Chicago Fire v Montreal Impact MLS Preview and Predictions: What does the data point towards? May 25, 2021
- Columbus v Toronto MLS Preview – Our data driven match prediction May 24, 2021
- Orlando v Toronto FC 22-5-21: Our data driven match prediction – a low scoring match May 21, 2021
- The History of Chivas USA FC April 1, 2020