Toronto is on the road again, heading to play Columbus Crew on the back of a defeat to Orlando. These 2 teams met earlier in May with Toronto grabbing a 2-0 win in the home fixture.
Columbus comes into the match after beating New York City on the road. They are 8th in the league currently just one spot away from a knock out place.
Columbus Crew Stats
Average Goals Scored – 0.8
Average Goals Conceded – 0.8
Average Match Goals – 0.8
Average Corners For – 2.8
Average Corners Against – 5.2
Average Match Corners – 8
Average Cards For – 1.8
Average Home Cards – 3
- Only 33% of Columbus games have gone over 2.5 goals, one of the lowest in the league. 50% of their matches have gone over 1.5 goals. This points us to a lower scoring game for Columbus.
- Columbus also has both teams scoring in 33% of their matches. They are yet to have a game with over 2,5 goals and BTTS no.
- Columbus highest scoring game was a 3-1 win at home over DC United.
- 50% of Columbus matches have over 0.5 goals in the first half, none of them has gone over 1.5 goals in the first half (6 matches so far).
- In the last match with Toronto, Columbus had 48% possession, 10 shots and 3 shots on target. They picked up 2 yellow cards, no red cards and won 4 corners.
Toronto FC Stats
Average Goals Scored – 1.16
Average Goals Conceded – 1.66
Average Match Goals – 2.83
Average Corners For – 5.2
Average Corners Against – 3.5
Average Match Corners – 8.7
Average Cards For – 2
Average Away Cards – 1.67
- Toronto also has had 33% of their matches going over 2.5 goals. 83% of their games have gone over 1.5 goals with is above the MLS average of 73%. A prediction of exactly 2 goals in the match looks like a good one from this data.
- Toronto has played 6 matches so far and both teams have scored in 3 of them. This is just slightly below the MLS average of 52%.
- The last 4 MLS matches have produced just 7 goals and now have gone over 2.5 goals. 3 of them have gone over 1.5 goals. The current trend is for fewer goals.
- 83% of games have seen a goal in the first half, this puts Toronto 3rd highest in the league for this stat.
- Toronto is 4th from the bottom for the total match corners with an average of 8.7 corners. This is way below the leagues average of 10.1.
Columbus Crew v Toronto Prediction
- Columbus 0-1 Toronto half-time score.
- Columbus 1-1 Toronto full-time score.
- 3 bookings in the match, 2 for Columbus, 1 for Toronto.
- 9 match corners
- Corners Orlando 4 -5 Toronto
Our writer’s preview
This is an interesting match up in the MLS. Neither team is playing free-flowing soccer and scoring a lot of goals. Both teams tend to have low scoring games and the data prediction of a 1-1 draw looks on the cards based on the stats.
Writers match predictions
- Exactly 2 goals in the match
- Exactly 1 goal in the first half
- Toronto to win on corners
There is a lot of information that can be taken from this data now we are 6 matches into the MLS season.
Toronto are really lacking a goal scorer and Altidore has not performed as expected. He needs to up his game and start finding the goal more often if Toronto is to push on and get towards the playoff places (Which looks unlikely at the moment).
- Voyageurs Cup History July 4, 2021
- How St Louis Got Their MLS franchise – The History and Process of Their Application July 2, 2021
- The Top 6 U.S. Women Soccer Players of the 200-Cap Club June 30, 2021
- How long is it since Manchester United won a major trophy? June 23, 2021
- Atlanta United v Philadelphia Union MLS Stats & Predictions: Will both teams score in Atlanta? June 18, 2021
- Chicago Fire v Montreal Impact MLS Preview and Predictions: What does the data point towards? May 25, 2021
- Columbus v Toronto MLS Preview – Our data driven match prediction May 24, 2021
- Orlando v Toronto FC 22-5-21: Our data driven match prediction – a low scoring match May 21, 2021
- The History of Chivas USA FC April 1, 2020